My elderly father confessed to me that he had placed an order with this company via telephone on 12/05/11 - never having the opportunity to speak to a person. He stated at the end of the call he received a message stating that he would receive something every month and be billed unless he cancelled. He said he tried to call the number back to cancel the order but again just got the recorded teleprompts without the option of speaking to a person. Needless to say, I was infuriated. I did find a contact number on WalkFits website and placed a call. I did speak to an individual and told her to cancel the order and not to bill the card. She promised she would. I asked for a cancellation number and was told it was the same as my order number. I asked for her employee ID and she did provide me with a name. After hanging up the phone, I called the number again - this time getting a gentleman on the phone. I asked him to verify the order had been cancelled and he answered in the affirmative. I did tape all conversations. Hopefully Walkfit proves itself as a business with integrity. If not, let the fight begin.

I do think any business which practices include charging outrageous shipping fees and auto enrollment/billing is not a business anyone should patronize.

As a note to anyone who receives a response from someone who is allegedly a representative of this business - protect your personal information and do not give it out, - there are alot of people looking to take advantage of you and if they think they can further exploit you, they will.

Had an Experience with Walkfit?

Comments

Skip the Website...

Buy your walkfits at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Same price... no hassles!

BTW Walkfits DO Work !

Satan FYI: Actually, Ohio has a "One Party Consent" law which specifically states that it is perfectly legal to record a conversation as long as one party to the conversation consents.In this case, I would be the consenting party.

Ideally, I could advise and ask the other party's permission to record but that is not mandated.

I know the law as I practice it daily and have done so for the past 22 years.I have been a successful advocate for many consumers over the years.

I trust you informed them that you were recording the call BEFORE the conversation started...right? If not you may as well throw that tape away...it's useless.

Thats awesome. Somebody needs to stand up to these companies and say enough is enough.